Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Method in My Madness

( Oh and I have a childrens book on Amazon. Robby The Roo See a few posts back.)

 Although I may seem like a mad disconbobulated artist, in my defence i do actually have a method to my madness. I start the week by freely painting between 8 to 10 underpaintings on vaious sizes and type of substrata. I then walk away from them to let them dry and think about what they would like to be when they grow up. The rest of the week (or two) is spent picking up one at a time and 'doing sometime' to it.When I get to a 'bogged down part' in one painting i go to another so i never pick on any one poor soul for too long. Some of these pieces may get to go onto Etsy or Cafe press and the rest go in the pile where they continue to think about what they might want to be when they grow up.
 Here is an underpainting for a landscape using three shapes and colors. Looks like it could turn out to be something realistic at this stage aye. What's the bettin' it doesn't!
 And another. Slapped on really quickly with no pre concieved ideas.The one below may be more realistic who knows.
The last one is finished after many layers. Sorry i didn't get to show the underpainting. You wouldn't have recognised it. The best part of this one is the title. Riding Through the Forest of Absolute Silliness. Cheers. R www.etsy.com/shop/vivalaroo

No comments:

Post a Comment