Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Jack Sikorski, Cheyenne, 2000

The Man in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you king for a day,
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that man has to say.

In 2000 while  looking for a camper shell for my Ford F 150 I came across a man called Jack Sikorski.at a wreckers yard in Cheyenne. To cut a long story short, after showing me around and talking to me about anything but the camper shells he gave me (or did he send it to me I can't remember) a package with the folowing written o the front. Ronda Eden, there are no coincidences. Some quiet winter evening, Ronda will curl up by the fire to read the travels of a drifter. One who knew merit, more than he knew words or language. May your years be grand! Jack Sikorski. 11-3-2000.
It was his deepest thoughts manifested in words and i glanced through them thinking they were pretty good but my own life then was racing through turmoil. (What's new!) This morningI  read through the pages more carefully and being in a more settled space could appreciate the beauty of this humble man's soul felt words. I'm wondering if anyone knows what became of Jack.


No comments:

Post a Comment